Autodesk, Inc. today announced Autodesk Combustion 2008 software, the latest version of its desktop compositing and visual effects solution.
Combustion offers digital media artists an easy-to-use interface, non-destructive workflow and extensive toolset at the affordable price of A$1,564*. It has been used on the Juicy Fruit Ant commercial by Asylum Visual Effects, the Target Anthem ad by Brand New School, and by Zoic Studio on the Journeyman television show. The popular Colour Warper tool, found in the Autodesk Flame visual effects system, has been added to Combustion 2008. The new release also includes improvements to the schematic view.
The Colour Warper in Combustion 2008 performs primary and selective colour correction. It also allows for precise fine-tuning with multiple levels of adjustment in a single pass. Colour Warper features include:
* Interactive adjustment of gamma, gain, offset, hue, saturation, and contrast
* Intuitive hue shift and a tint colour wheel for fast, accurate colour balancing and a visual colour sampling palette for precise colour matching
* Interactive Histogram and curves editing modes for subtle, precision tweaking of colour components
* Independent controls for colour correcting the image’s shadow, midtone, and highlight regions
* ”Match” feature for fast scene-to-scene colour correction
* ”Selective” feature for sampling up to three different colour regions for isolated correction
* User interface features: high-quality RGB vector scope, and a 3D histogram for precise colour monitoring
Pricing and Availability in Australia
Autodesk anticipates that Combustion 2008 will be available in December 2007. The 2008 release will be supported on Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Autodesk suggested retail pricing is A$1,564*. The suggested upgrade price from Combustion 4 to Combustion 2008 is A$391*.
*Prices include GST.
For more information on Combustion 2008, please visit www.autodesk.com/combustion.
Autodesk, Combustion, Colour Warper and Flame are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc./Autodesk Canada Co. in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2007 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.