An extended range Zoom Lens with Hybrid Optical Stabilization and Hyper-Sonic Motor
Sigma’s newest innovation is in the 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM 13.8:1 extended range zoom lens. The Hybrid Optical Stabilizer, an anti-shake system providing image stabilization in both the camera body and viewfinder for Pentax, and Sony is offered only by Sigma. This feature is significant as this system now allows the Sony and Pentax photographer to see the stabilized image in the viewfinder where in the past this was not possible. Sigma’s Marketing Manager, Tom Sobey, emphasizes, “This is the world’s first optically stabilized lens available for Sony and Pentax digital cameras. It will allow them to do what they have never been able to do before. It’s truly innovative.” The DC lens is a dedicated digital SLR camera lens suited for APS-C format, and HSM (Hypersonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full time manual focusing capability. Four Special Low Dispersion glass elements and three Aspherical lens elements provide excellent image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
Features and Benefits
• Unique to Sigma: Widest range (13.8:1) with Optical stabilization and HSM
• Optical Stabilizer: Original anti-shake function for camera body and view finder
• High Image Quality: Four SLD elements and three Aspherical lenses
• High Magnification: 13.8x magnification, exclusively designed for digital SLRs
• Includes: Petal-type Hood (LH780-04) supplied
• Mounts: for Sigma, Nikon, Canon, Sony and Pentax
?Specification?(for Sigma mount)
Lens Construction 18 Elements 14 Groups Maximum Magnification 1?3.4
Angle of View?SD Format 69.3°?5.7° Filter Size ?72mm
Number of blades 7pcs Lens Hood Petal-type hood
Minimum Aperture F22 Dimensions ?79mm×101mm/3.1” ×4”
Minimum Focusing Distance 45cm/17.7” Weight 630g/22.2oz.
Includes Petal-type Hood
?Accessories? ?UPC Codes?
Available in Nikon, Canon, Sigma, Sony and Pentax mounts
?Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with 35mm SLR cameras or digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size.
• Ideal Close-ups – Minimum focusing distance of 17.7inches