ULTRA REALISTIC ATMOSPHERES FOR 3DS MAX, CINEMA4D, LIGHTWAVE, MAYA AND XSI
e-on software, makers of Vue, the leading solutions for natural 3D environments, and creators of breakthrough spectral atmospheric rendering technologies today announced the immediate availability of a free Open Beta of it’s upcoming Ozone 4.0 Atmospheric Plugin for 3DS Max, Cinema4D, LightWave, Maya and Softimage|XSI. Ozone 4.0 implements the Spectral 2 cutting-edge technologies developed by e-on software for the simulation and rendering of atmospheric effects. Ozone 4.0 atmospheres provide an accurately simulated environment that affects all elements of the scenes, and behaves according to nature’s rules.
Some of the new features of Ozone 4.0 include:
- Breakthrough Spectral 2™ and Volumetric atmosphere models:
- Based entirely on real-world atmospheric behavior, the new Spectral 2™ engine produces ultra-realistic environments with volumetric clouds, accurate light dispersion and natural phenomena such as Godrays. These new technologies realistically model the behavior of our planet’s atmosphere to produce all kinds of atmospheric effects.
- Real 3D Clouds:
- Highly optimized volumetric cloud layers that you can fly through or easily simulate realistic low-lying fog.
- Super-fast rendering technology:
- Despite the staggering complexity of the atmospheric model it features, Ozone 4.0 renders its atmospheric effects at blazing speed, thanks to e-on software’s highly optimized technology.
- Animated clouds and sunsets in a breeze:
- Users can realistically animate the atmosphere, the clouds and the sun, making their skies spring to life, all in a wink! Simply set the direction and speed of the wind, the rate of change, and render on!
- Extensive library of over 150 predefined atmospheres:
- Ozone 4.0 includes presets for all kinds of atmospheric conditions: bright daytime, bad weather, sunrise, sunset, night time, etc. Customize the atmosphere using dedicated tools and the library of over 140 preset cloud shapes.
A complete and detailed list of features is available at:
Immediately available, the Ozone 4.0 Open Beta is a free, fully functional version of Ozone 4.0.
The application will expire shortly after the beta period. Commercial work is allowed with the Open Beta, provided that users purchase a full license of the product as soon as it is released commercially.
For more information: www.e-onsoftware.com/ozone
Pricing and Availability
The Ozone 4.0 Open Beta is available in English for Windows XP and Vista (32 and 64 bits) and Mac OS X 10.4 (Universal Binary).
A single license of Ozone 4.0 will work with all compatible applications and renderers installed on the end user’s system, without requiring the purchase of any Extra Renderer licenses.
Ozone 4.0 for Maya works with both MentalRay and Maya software renderers.
Ozone 4.0 for Max and XSI works with MentalRay.
Ozone 4.0 for LightWave and Cinema4D works with the native renderer.
Ozone 4.0 will retail at US$295, with upgrades from Ozone 3.0 available for $95 and RenderNode network rendering licenses at $95 per node.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of high quality solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments. With products specifically targeted for the different market segments, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, education and entertainment industries.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer’s creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge technologies that significantly improve usability and workflow.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with a European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.