Nikon DX-format, ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom lens with a focal length of 10 to 24mm
Nikon Australia is pleased to announce the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED lens with built-in Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras. Compact and lightweight, this ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom DX NIKKOR features a focal length range of 10 to 24mm (picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 15 to 36mm in FX- and 35mm format cameras).
This lens is suitable for diverse scenes from small rooms, architecture and panoramic landscapes to distinctive portraits with exaggerated perspective. The newly developed optical system features two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements for truly outstanding reproduction. The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) incorporated in the lens body offers smooth, quiet AF operation and an exceptional level of shooting comfort.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED, with its ultra wide-angle perspective and superior image quality, gives users of Nikon DX-format digital SLRs — including the D300, D90, D5000, D60 and D40 — more opportunities for creative photographic expression. Nikon will continue strengthening the NIKKOR lens lineup with the addition of innovative and attractive models.
Note: Although DX NIKKOR lenses can be physically mounted on 35mm film and APS cameras, they cannot actually be used with them because of their small image circle. If the lens is mounted on a Nikon FX-format digital SLR, with the image area option in the shooting menu set to Auto DX crop (default), DX crop is selected automatically.
- Australia – $1,799
- US – $899.95
AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Major Features
- DX-format, ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom lens with focal length ranging from 10 to 24mm (picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 15 to 36mm in FX- and 35mm formats)
- Newly developed optical system features two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements
- Superior reproduction capability, with the distortion that is common with ultra wide-angle lenses dramatically reduced
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes available — M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Seven-blade rounded diaphragm for natural blur effects
- Internal focusing (IF) system means the lens barrel length does not change during focusing
AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Specifications
Focal length 10-24mm
Maximum aperture f/3.5-4.5
Minimum aperture f/22-29
Lens construction 14 elements in 9 groups (with two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements)
Picture angle 109°–61°
Closest focusing distance 0.24 m/0.8 ft.
No. of diaphragm blades 7 (rounded)
Filter/attachment size 77mm
Diameter x length
(extension from lens mount) Approximately 82.5 x 87 mm/3.25 x 3.43 in.
Weight Approximately 460 g/16.2 oz.
Supplied accessories 77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-23, Flexible
Lens Pouch CL-1118
Specifications and equipment are subject to change without notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
Copyright © 2009 Nikon Corporation