Artisan 835 and Artisan 725 Deliver Unbeatable Features and Fit the Decor of any Room
LONG BEACH, Calif., Aug. 4 /PRNewswire/ — Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, today introduced its new line of Artisan® all-in-ones – the Artisan 835 and Artisan 725. With image quality preferred by consumers 3-to-1 over the competition(1) and a host of unique features, the new Artisan all-in-ones are a perfect match for today’s active, digital families that require one solution for various printing needs.
“These latest Artisan all-in-ones continue to redefine the standard for image quality, print speed and unique creative capabilities,” said Julie Ernest, product manager, Consumer Ink Jet Printers, Epson America, Inc. “From family photos and creative projects to school work and household documents, these versatile all-in-ones deliver the quality, reliability and performance consumers have come to expect from the Artisan line.”
The flagship Artisan 835 boasts a 7.8-inch smart touch panel, a 3.5-inch color LCD, built-in fax, and a 30-page Automatic Document Feeder to quickly copy and fax documents. The Artisan 725 features an enhanced touch panel for easier navigation. Both feature 2.5 times faster wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi n(2), wireless printing from an Apple® iPhone(3) and the world’s fastest 4″x6″ photo print speeds(4). In addition, the Artisan 725 and Artisan 835 deliver vibrant colors and crisp, clear text with Epson’s six-color Ultra Hi-Definition Claria® ink.
Additional Features of the Artisan Series:
- Delivers fast ISO print speeds of 9.5 ISO ppm black and 9 ISO ppm color(5)
- Offers built-in wireless and Ethernet networking
- Saves up to 50 percent of paper supply with automatic two-sided printing
- Creates personalized greeting cards, coloring book pages, elegant stationery, and note paper
- Creates professional-looking discs by printing images and text directly onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs with easy-to-use Epson Print CD software
- Features built-in Auto Photo Correction to automatically evaluate and correct images and red eye
- Prints applications wirelessly from an iPhone, including PDF files, photos, photo calendars, business documents, and more, through applications available on the iTunes App Store
- Prints images directly from digital cameras, mobile phones and USB Flash drives with PictBridge®
- Accommodates various printing needs with individual ink cartridges at affordable prices (standard and high-capacity sizes)(6)
- Delivers vivid, true-to-life photos with Epson’s exclusive MicroPiezo® print head with DX5™ technology
- Offers a range of eco features and environmental qualifications including, ENERGY STAR® and RoHS compliance, and is designed to be recycled(7)
Pricing and Availability
The Artisan 725 ($199.99*) and Artisan 835 ($299.99*) will be available in mid-August through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide and Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com. An all-white “Arctic Edition” Artisan 725 ($199.99*) will also be available in mid-September exclusively through Best Buy to allow consumers more options to match the decor of their home and computer equipment. All models come with a one-year limited warranty and free lifetime phone support(8) with quick and convenient product exchange. For more information, please see the Artisan 725, Artisan 835 and Artisan 725 Arctic Edition fact sheets.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria. To learn more about Epson America, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson and Claria are registered trademarks, and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark. Artisan is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Compared to photo all-in-ones priced at $300 or less as of 11/1/08 in testing by Newman-Stein, Inc.
(2) Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
(3) See www.epson.com/mobileprinting for more information on optional phone applications.
(4) Compared to ink jet, photo all-in-ones priced at $299 or less as of April 1, 2010, based on independent testing.
(5) ISO ppm is based on the new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print tiems will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
(6) Cartridge yields are based on continuous printing of a suite of five black and color pages as required by ISO/ IEC 24711 and 24712. Actual yields will vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. A variable amount of ink remains in the cartridges after the “replace cartridge” signal. Part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the all-in-one. Ink is used for both printing and print head maintenance. All inks are used for both black and color printing. For more information about yields for this all-in-one, see www.epson.com/cartridgeinfo.
(7) See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle.
(8) Epson provides phone support, without charge, for the life of the product. Telephone toll charges may apply
*Estimated street price