New York, New York (October 26, 2010)— Manfrotto Distribution will showcase new generation options and solutions for expressive photographers by Gitzo, a pioneer in advanced and revolutionary technologies for photography, at PhotoPlus 2010. Located at booth number 235, Manfrotto Distribution will feature Gitzo’s ground-breaking motorized Athena head.
The latest innovative motor-driven head, Athena, represents the perfect combination of cutting-edge values, know-how and technology. Designed for the new generation of remote-controlled DSLR professional cameras, Athena, is in one of the best performing state-of-the-art heads in the sector. As versatile as it is functional, Athena is also ideal for the innovative, high capability, HD hybrid cameras.
Featuring a motor-driven electronic system that can be fully and independently remote controlled plus absolutely stable and precise complete 3D movement, Athena is the ideal support for nature and sports photography where variability and unpredictability are ever present aspects that can affect the outcome of the perfect shot. Its adaptable nature also makes it the ideal support for architectural or scientific shots or when details need to be isolated and require specific placement for the camera. Athena also offers complete convenience and flexibility as it’s the only head that fits on any camera.
Athena ensures unsurpassed precision regardless of the conditions. Features include:
- Outstanding precision of .01° on all 3 axes which are fully independent in terms of tilt, pan and level for exceptional controlled movements
- Computer screen in any position by adjusting the three axis independently
- Frame control through the camera remote live-view
- Wireless connectivity via Ethernet cable or wireless connection. The head features a built in-USB interface to accept any compatible USB Wi-Fi key
- Controlled by a dedicated software with Windows and Mac OS compatibility
- Software allows controlled movement through user-friendly joystick interface as well as advanced settings and control panels that enable photographers to fine tune the head’s performance for any application and / or project needs
- Users can easily customize or adjust speed, accuracy of movement and axis rotation according to location, equipment and subject
- Aluminum body and metal gears for the highest level of reliability
- ARM 9 Microprocessor Core High-Speed-Computing
- Linux OS, maximum stability and easy to update
- MEMS embedded technology for high precision control of the leveling
- All components have been designed to integrate high levels of technology in compact dimensions to provide the best functionalities in transportable solutions