Supports the Canon EOS 6D, the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX1, and the Nikon 1 V2
33% discount through January 31, 2013
January 16, 2013 – DxO Labsannounces the immediate availability DxO Optics Pro v8.1.2 for Mac and Windows, the new version of its image processing software of reference for all demanding photographers. This update allows DxO Optics Pro 8 to support the Canon EOS 6D and the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX1 full-format cameras (Elite Edition only), as well as the Nikon 1 V2.
Based on a unique approach of prior calibration in the laboratories of DxO Labs, DxO Optics Pro 8 includes numerous powerful and automatic RAW and JPEG image-processing tools. DxO Optics Pro 8 offers the most advanced optical corrections on the market, the best tool for automatically adjusting contrast and light, and precise color management. Its unrivaled performance and its intuitive interface provide a smooth and fast workflow.
10,000 DxO Optics Modules available for exceptional optical corrections
DxO Optics Pro v8.1.2 benefits from the continuous addition of DxO Optics Modules. More than a hundred new camera/lens combinations have been added to the library, supporting additional Canon, Nikon, Sigma, Sony, Tamron and Tokina lenses for Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras.
DxO Optics Pro achieved the goal it set in early 2012 to have 10,000 DxO Optics Modules available by the end of 2012. Developed in the laboratory using an exclusive calibration process, DxO Optics Modules contain tens of thousands of data points about the intrinsic characteristics and flaws of each camera and lens. This database, unique in the entire world, allows DxO Optics Pro to automatically correct all the optical flaws in RAW and JPEG images – distortion, vignetting, chromatic aberrations, and lens softness – with an unrivaled level of quality. Discover our laboratory!
The opening of a new lab in Seattle in fall 2012 has strengthened DxO Labs capacity in terms of calibrations and measurements. Now with six laboratories located in Europe and the United States, DxO Labs is looking to double its production rate of DxO Optics Modules in 2013
Availability and New Year’s discount
The Standard and Elite editions of DxO Optics Pro v8.1.2 for Mac and Windows are available in the DxO Labs online store DxO Labs (shop.dxo.com) and at photo resellers at a special discount price from now through January 31, 2013:
- DxO Optics Pro 8 Standard Edition : $99 instead of $169
- DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite Edition : $199 instead of $299
- DxO Optics Pro 8 Standard Edition : 99 € au lieu de 149 €
- DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite Edition : 199 € au lieu de 299 €
- DxO Optics Pro 8 Standard Edition : £99 £79 instead of £119
- DxO Optics Pro 8 Elite Edition : £199 £159 instead of £239
(Suggested retail prices, including VAT)
This upgrade is free for all owners of DxO Optics Pro 8, as well as for photographers who purchased a DxO Optics Pro 7 license on or after September 1, 2012. Other users can take advantage of a special discount on this upgrade through January 31, 2013 by going directly through their customer account.
A complete, fully-functional trial version of DxO Optics Pro 8, good for one month, is available on the DxO Labs website (http://www.dxo.com/fr/photo/free_trial_version).
- PC: Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3 (32 bits), Windows® Vista® (32 or 64 bits), Windows® 7 (32 or 64 bits), Windows® 8 (32 or 64 bits) and Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon 64 X2 processor or higher
- Mac: Mac OS® X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS® X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS® X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Intel Mac® processor or higher
- Minimum of 2 GB RAM and 2 GB available disk space
- To process RAW images larger than 20 MPix, a 64-bit system with 4 GB of RAM is strongly recommended.
- To process RAW images taken with a Nikon D800 or D800E (Elite Edition only), a 64-bit system is required; a computer equipped with at least a 4-core processor is strongly recommended.
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs develops image processing technologies. In addition to its DxO Optics Pro and DxO FilmPack products for Mac and Windows, designed for serious and demanding photographers, the company also licenses diverse solutions for the principal actors in the imaging industry:
- Embedded technologies for real-time image processing, destined for camera and cameraphone manufacturers;
- Image quality evaluation and measurement tools, destined for specific imaging industries (e.g., camera module manufacturers, sensor vendors, and processor vendors) as well as for photography journalists and photo experts.
For more information, visit DxO Labs’ website at www.dxo.com