I’ve been using the new Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 card reader for image transfer. It is a multi-card reader because you can access multiple cards simultaneously and you can do card to card transfers.
Being USB 3.0 the transfers are fast (depending on the memory card) and very reliable. I’ve had no issues at all with the unit while I’ve been using it.
The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader leverages SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology to offer high-speed file transfers with a USB interface read speed of up to 500MB/s, and is up to five times faster than USB 2.0.* The reader also features a convenient pop-up design mechanism to protect the card slots when the reader is not in use and comes with a USB 3.0 cable cord. A blue LED activity light lets users know when data is being transferred.
The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader supports the following memory cards formats:
- CompactFlash slot: Reads CompactFlash® Type I and Type II
- Secure Digital slot: SD™, SDHC™, SDXC™, miniSD™, miniSDHC™, MMC™, MMCplus™, and RS-MMC™
- Mobile slot: microSD™, microSDHC™, and Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™)
- Memory Stick slot: Memory Stick™, Memory Stick (with MagicGate™), Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo (with MagicGate), Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark2, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo “HX”
- xD-Picture Card slot: xD-Picture Card™, xD-Picture Card Type-M, xD-Picture Card Type-M+, and xD-Picture Card Type-H
The Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Reader comes with a one-year limited warranty, is compatible with both PC and Mac® systems.
Definitely worth buying, it is compact enough for use on the go and also works fine with a desktop setup. Highly recommended.