New accessory and software supporting the Nikon D3 and D300
Nikon Australia is pleased to announce the introduction of Wireless Transmitter WT-4, which enables image transfer and camera control from a computer connected with a camera via USB cable, and remote-control software Camera Control Pro 2.
The WT-4, when connected with the D3 or D300, permits image transfer to a computer connected wirelessly or using Ethernet cable, or to an FTP server. Wireless printing is also made possible via computer. Furthermore, the newly added Thumbnail Select mode realizes wireless transfer of images to a computer taken with several cameras connected to the WT-4.
Camera Control Pro 2 enables adjustment of various settings of Nikon digital SLRs from a computer, and saves them. In addition to the functions of Camera Control Pro introduced in 2006, Camera Control Pro 2 supports various functions of the Nikon D3 and D300 such as Preview prior to transfer to a computer, Liveview and Picture Control System. Thumbnail display function is also available. With these advanced features, Camera Control Pro 2 is essential software for studio shooting, etc.
When using Camera Control Pro 2 with the WT-4 set in PC mode, camera operation can be controlled from a connected computer. This is convenient in large-volume studio shooting for confirming images on a computer display.
Wireless Transmitter WT-4
The WT-4 is a high-performance wireless transmitter that offers diversified image transfer capabilities when connected with the Nikon D3 or D300 via USB cable. It supports wireless LAN conforming to IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11a, and wired LAN conforming to IEEE 802.3u (100BASE-TX) and IEEE 802.3 (10BASE-T). Transmission range when wireless LAN is used is approx. 180 m (IEEE 802.11b/g) or 260 m (IEEE 802.11a) (Varies according to transmission conditions).
Note: Specifications, design, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
1. Easy-to-use cable connection type
External dimensions are approx. 125 (W) x 65 (H) x 35 (D) mm, and weight is 131 g (body only). In order to maintain operability of a camera, the WT-4 is not directly mounted on the camera bottom, but is connected via a cable. A soft case that can be attached to a belt and a neck-strap are supplied as standard accessories.
2. Wireless LAN and wired LAN supported
With wireless LAN, IEEE 802.11b/g and 11a are supported. With wired LAN, IEEE 802.3u (100BASE-TX) and IEEE 802.3 (10BASE-T) are supported.
3. Wide transmission range
With wireless LAN, transmission range is approx. 180 m (IEEE 802.11b/g) and 260 m (IEEE 802.11a). (The range varies according to obstacles and radio wave conditions).
4. When using wireless LAN, desired transfer mode can be selected
Ad-hoc mode enables peer-to-peer connection of a WT-4 and a computer or FTP server. Infrastructure mode enables connection via an access point.
5. Four connection modes available
* Image Transfer mode: Images stored in a memory card and those just taken can be transferred and saved on a computer or FTP server;
* Thumbnail Select mode: Thumbnail images can be displayed on a connected computer, and selected images can be downloaded and saved;
* PC mode: With Camera Control Pro 2 (optional), camera settings can be controlled and images taken can be transferred and saved on a computer;
* Printer mode: JPEG images stored in a memory card can be transferred to a printer connected with a computer.
6. Several cameras can be connected with a computer (Thumbnail select mode)
When the Nikon D3 or D300 is connected with the WT-4 via USB cable, several cameras can be wirelessly connected with a computer.
7. Thumbnail select mode*
This mode permits thumbnail display of images taken with up to five wirelessly connected cameras on a computer display. Images selected by confirming the thumbnail can be downloaded and saved on the computer. With this mode, both photographer and computer operator can concentrate on their own assignment.
* Supplied software “Thumbnail Selector” should be pre-installed.
Remote control software Camera Control Pro 2
This software remotely controls most functions of Nikon digital SLRs from a computer that is connected via USB cable or through wired or wireless LAN using a wireless transmitter. Advanced functions of the new Nikon D3 and D300 such as Viewer for preview and selection of images prior to transfer to a computer, Liveview function and Picture Control System are supported. It also supports workflows of Nikon’s exclusive photofinishing software Capture NX (optional) and browser and viewer software ViewNX.
In addition to the D3 and D300, Camera Control Pro 2 is compatible with the Nikon D2 series, D1 series, D200, D100, D80, D70 series, D50 and D40 series. An upgraded version of the current Camera Control Pro will also be released simultaneously.
1. Remote control of a camera from a computer
Most settings of Nikon digital SLRs, that are connected via USB cable, such as exposure mode, shutter speed and aperture can be controlled remotely from a computer. Wired or wireless LAN is also available when using a wireless transmitter.
2. Every remote operation is supported
In addition to direct transfer of images from a camera to a computer, all procedures from shooting to saving images are smoothly processed.
3. Enhanced viewer function
Viewer function enables thumbnail display of images stored in a computer.
4. Compatible with the new functions of the Nikon D3/D300
* Images in a camera buffer can be confirmed with thumbnail or preview display on a computer prior to transferring, enabling deletion of unnecessary images. This remarkably increases efficiency;
* Supporting the Liveview mode (Hand-held mode and Tripod mode) of the D3 and D300, it permits adjustment of focus point and shutter release while confirming the image on a computer. In Tripod mode, focal-plane contrast AF on a desired point within a specific area is possible;
* It also supports Picture Control System of the cameras. Picture Control parameters can be selected and adjusted on a computer, and custom curves (tone compensation data) can be created and registered. * 51-point AF can be controlled and displayed;
* Fine tuning of the new white balance is available.
5. Integration with other Nikon software
* Support for ViewNX browser and viewer software Images taken and saved in a computer can be viewed;
* Support for Capture NX photo-finishing software Auto save processing (batch processing) is possible by downloading taken images to a monitor folder of Capture NX. Tone compensation data files set by Capture NX can also be imported.
Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. August 2007.
©2007 Nikon Corporation