The Digital Imaging Marketing Association (DIMA) brings attendees the all-new DIMA Software Tutorial Pavilion, located on the show floor of the PMA 09 International Convention and Trade Show, March 3-5, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Las Vegas, Nev.
Attendees can take a break from traversing the show floor and stop at the pavilion to learn new tips and tricks for the latest photo, video, and graphics software.
“Our DIMA members have asked for more hands-on education, and the DIMA Software Tutorial Pavilion brings it to them,” says Steve Olock, Dan’s Camera City, 2008 DIMA President. “This is another great example of why the PMA trade show is the best educational event in the photo/imaging industry.”
Mobile Mac & PC Training, a company specializing in desktop publishing, web authoring, video, and database training, will provide software demonstrations for the following: Adobe® Photoshop®, Lightroom®, Flash®, InDesign®, and RAW; Apple® Aperture(TM); Corel® Painter(TM); ProShow® Gold; NIK processing; and Nikon Capture Editor. Demonstrations will take place in 20-minute segments throughout the show. Starting times are as follows: Tuesday, March 3 at 11:00 a.m.; Wednesday, March 4 at 11:00 a.m.; and Thursday, March 5 at 10:00 a.m.
The complete DIMA Software Tutorial Pavilion schedule is:
Tuesday, March 3
11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Adobe Photoshop Basic Tips and Tricks
11:30 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. Adobe Photoshop Advanced Tips and Tricks
12:00 noon – 12:20 p.m. Adobe RAW Workflow
12:30 p.m. – 12:50 p.m. Apple Aperture Basics
1:00 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Apple Aperture Advanced Artistic Effects
1:30 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. Corel Painter Basics
2:00 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Corel Painter Batch Processing
2:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Adobe Photoshop Actions
3:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Adobe Photoshop Special Effects
3:30 p.m. – 3:50 p.m. ProShow Gold Multimedia Effects
4:00 p.m. – 4:20 p.m. Adobe Lightroom Workflow
4:30 p.m. – 4:50 p.m. Adobe Lightroom Album Design
5:00 p.m. – 5:20 p.m. Adobe Flash Basics
5:30 p.m. – 5:50 p.m. Adobe Flash Advanced Color Correction
Wednesday, March 4
11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Adobe InDesign Basics
11:30 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. Adobe InDesign Advanced Composites
12:00 noon – 12:20 p.m. Corel Painter Automation Techniques
12:30 p.m. – 12:50 p.m. Corel Painter Creative Effects
1:00 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Adobe Dreamweaver® Basics
1:30 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. Adobe Dreamweaver Making Changes
2:00 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Adobe Flash Movies for the Web
2:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Adobe Lightroom Custom Actions
3:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Adobe Lightroom Books and Collages
3:30 p.m. – 3:50 p.m. Adobe Photoshop Advanced Tips and Tricks
4:00 p.m. – 4:20 p.m. Adobe Photoshop Wacky Creative Effects
4:30 p.m. – 4:50 p.m. Adobe Photoshop Custom Actions
5:00 p.m. – 5:20 p.m. Apple Aperture Basics
5:30 p.m. – 5:50 p.m. Apple Aperture Advanced Artistic Effects
Thursday, March 5
10:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Adobe Lightroom Ease of Use, Part 1
10:30 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. Adobe Lightroom Ease of Use, Part 2
11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. NIK Fast Processing
11:30 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. Nikon Capture Editor Fast Processing
12:00 noon – 12:20 p.m. Corel Painter Fine-Art Techniques
12:30 p.m. – 12:50 p.m. Adobe Photoshop Fast Workflow
1:00 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Adobe Photoshop Painting Techniques
1:30 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. Adobe InDesign Advanced Composites
2:00 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Adobe Illustrator® Advanced Editing
2:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Adobe Premier Video-Editing Basics
3:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Adobe Encore® DVD-Authoring Basics
DIMA is also marked by four events that highlight products/services within the photo imaging industry:
· DIMA Digital Printer Shoot-Out – Digital photo printers are compared and trade members can evaluate the printers and media best suited to their operation.
· DIMA Photo Book Showcase – Attendees can compare various aspects of photo book production, including user interface, template and binding options, and overall quality.
· DIMA Photo Kiosk Shoot-Out – The best photo kiosks compete head-to-head for international acclaim.
· DIMA Innovative Digital Product Awards – A prestigious honor given to products or services utilizing new technologies and/or applications that make the product either distinct or the first of its kind. Winners will be awarded at PMA Sneak Peek 2009, March 2, and are selected by industry press members.
To register, attendees can visit the DIMA 2009 website.
Other major PMA events coming soon:
· PMA 09 International Convention and Trade Show, March 3-5, 2009, Las Vegas, Nev.
· DIMA Annual Conference, March 1-4, 2009, Las Vegas, Nev.
· PIEA Education Conference, March 1-4, 2009, Las Vegas, Nev.
· PSPA Annual Conference, March 2-4, 2009, Las Vegas, Nev.
· SPAA Annual Conference, March 2-4, 2009, Las Vegas, Nev.
· PPFA Annual Conference, March 3-5, 2009, Las Vegas, Nev.
· PSRO Annual Conference, March 3-5, 2009, Las Vegas, Nev.
· PMA Australia 2009 Imaging Technology Show, June 26-28, 2009, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
· 6Sight Future of Imaging Conference, Nov. 10-12, 2009, Monterey, Calif.
For more information on PMA events, visit the PMA home page.
Exploring the technologies that transform the capture, manipulation, sharing, and preservation of images, the Digital Imaging Marketing Association® (DIMA®) empowers photo retailers, professional and commercial imagers, and photographers to push the boundaries of possibility and drive their entrepreneurial success. DIMA builds on an 84-year legacy of PMA®, the worldwide photo imaging association, by promoting emerging technologies and business innovations throughout the global photo imaging industry. DIMA directs this purpose through the development of education, marketing research, and networking forums, and enables its members to envision and experience successful methods of technology integration yielding improved business practices.
About PMA – The Worldwide Community of Imaging Associations
As a professional trade association, PMA® helps the worldwide photo imaging community achieve business success and adapt to new technologies. Its commitment to its members in 100-plus countries is part of an 84-year legacy that connects business owners to a network of knowledge and
support. PMA furthers this purpose through the development of educational programs and business services, marketing research, publications, and trade shows. As a nonprofit organization, any success enjoyed by PMA in its endeavors directly benefits the industry, allowing PMA to provide continual services and activities for members.